Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The short version of our story...

Several people have asked "why adoption?". Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE children and would have a house full if I could. All through high school everyone joked that I would have atleast five children, probably more. The irony to this is that the Biggest Joker of All (and my bff) now has 5 kids, with 2 sets of twins! I loved hearing all the jokes, praying and dreaming that they would one day go from jokes to reality.

Fast forward 15 years from high school graduation to today. Brian and I have been married for almost 13 years (!!!) and have birthed 4 babies. 2 of our babies are growing older too fast. Zak is going on 11 and Brenna just turned 8. Two of our babies never took a breath, never cried and never knew us on this side of heaven. Noah was stillborn at 25 weeks in January of 2007 and Jack was stillborn at 17 weeks in March of 2009. Not a day goes by that we don't have some conversation, thought or tears about our 2 little boys. Zak and Brenna constantly ask how old they would be or what they might look like. They have even asked if I think Noah and Jack would have liked hanging out with them and playing with them (way to make their momma cry). There is no doubt in my mind that Z and B would have been heros in their little brothers eyes. I never thought we would experience a loss, let alone two losses. It was devistating, confusing and rocked our world.

Adoption has always burned deep within my soul. I have watched several families adopt domestically and internationally and Brian and I thought "one day we will do that...one day". About a month ago, I somehow came across a website with some special orphans in Eastern Europe. To this day I don't remember how I found the site, devine intervention is my only explanation. I did some checking around and texted Brian with some information and he said to email for more information. It was the first time that the fire burning deep within me consumed me and I KNEW it was time to move forward. So, here we are, at the very beginning of this journey. Some days it seems like a walk through the park and other days it's like finding our way through a blizzard in the South Pole!

Thank you for your prayers, encouragement and support. We feel that this adoption is not only adding a child to our little family but to our whole big family, all of you included.

~One less orphan!~

1 comment:

  1. Lin, I am so happy for you and also so proud. This little boy has truly been blessed to receive such a loving home. Please know we are praying through this journey with you and can't wait to meet him!!!! Love, Naomi

    ReplyDelete